Saturday, January 10, 2015

Starting my JOURNEY through 2015

Each year I hear about New Year's resolutions and each year I hear people say that they failed to complete the year with the resolution still in tact. Several years ago, I was introduced to One Word 365, which encourages people to focus on one word for the year instead of a list of resolutions. I feel like this has been an amazing experience. At the end of each year, I spend much time in prayer, asking God to tell me which word He would like for me to focus on. This year, I feel like God has told me to focus on the word "JOURNEY." 


My previous years' words have entailed "accepting," "resting," and "returning" so hearing that the word for 2015 is "journey" definitely peaked my interest. According to my friend, Google, the definition of journey is "an act of traveling from one place to another" and "a long and often difficult process of personal change and development." In the verb form, it can be used to describe "making one's way." Some Scriptures I found about journeys are:


"The Lord said to Abram, 'Go from your country, your people and your father's household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.'"             ~ Genesis 12:1-2

"Then they said to him, 'Please inquire of God so we will know if we will have a successful journey.' The priest told him, 'Go in peace. The Lord is watching over the journey you are going on.'" ~ Judges 18:5-6

"Only a few years will pass before I take the path of no return." ~ Job 16:22

"The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything."                                                                           ~ Deuteronomy 2:7

"who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go."   ~ Deuteronomy 1:33






Then I found some interesting quotes:


 "Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home."     ~ Matsuo Basho


 "Sometimes it's the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination."   ~ Drake


 "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."       ~ Lao Tzu






And, of course I can't have a post about journeying without the verse God gave me so long ago. This verse often reminds me of where God is calling me to be and that He is always there with me. 


"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" 
                       ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13








Well, I'm not really sure where this year will find me, however, if this year is anything at all like the past few, the journey will be pretty interesting. I will do everything I can do make sure I gather pictures and souvenirs from the trip. 






 
 





                                                                                                all contents (c) 2015 Laura Inglis

No comments:

Post a Comment