Monday, July 23, 2012

He'll Do it Again

A few years ago, I was at a Christian Women's Retreat. My ex-husband and I had separated nearly a year before and I was really struggling with the idea of divorce. When we married, I married until death do us part. The thought that it was over was incredibly difficult to grasp, as was the thought that I would soon be a divorced woman. I had been a stay-at-home mother for 12yrs, putting my life on hold, supporting my husband, raising our children, and focusing on what I felt I was supposed to focus on. I had no idea what my future would hold. I had no idea what this break-up would mean for my walk with Christ, with my Christian friends, with my family, for my children. What would my life look like as a divorced woman starting over? How would I support my children? Having been raised in a controlling home and being in an abusive marriage for 17yrs, would I have any idea how to live life alone?

At the retreat, the guest speaker was an amazing woman who had also survived an abusive marriage. She had been raised in the church and struggled with what God would think of her  ending the marriage. She knew the struggle that I was facing as I was dealing with conflict in my congregation due to the break-up of my marriage. She took the time to talk to me and give me the hard words as well as the encouragement to accept my future as a gift from God. During the weekend, she dedicated this song to me. I'll never forget her words. I purchased her CD and this song touches me every time I hear it.

Fast forward 5yrs from that retreat. God had called me back to school. I had graduated with a BA degree, followed by a Master's degree. To celebrate and to provide a gift to my family, we took a trip to Hawaii. The pictures in this video are from that trip. A frequent reminder of God taking care of things and moving my life forward. A reminder that, to accept the call to travel the journey he takes us on, often leads to a life unlike what we ever would have imagined. I can not imagine where my life would be at this point had I not followed His call. As I continue learning to accept His direction, I need to be reminded that all will work out according to God's plan.....and that's the only way to go. I hope this song touches you as it touched me.

Thank you Tammie Kay Arnim for your words and for using your talent.



No comments:

Post a Comment